Wooden floor problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a T&G wooden floor 3/4 inch thick planking. This has moved during the last month or so and a gap about 1/3 rd inch has opened up. below the floor are wooden cross beams, no concrete.

How do I fix this and what tools do I need for the job.

Sincerely,

Peter

Sponsored Links
basically the moister has changed in the last month or so in the room its fitted in.

Heating on etc?

You need to replace the moister in the room. Is this a new floor? It maybe that the flooring was fitted with to much moister in it and its now shrinking as its getting used to its new area?

The previous owner of the house set the temperature throughout to 20 C. I'm used to the cold so that I'm happy with 17 C in the lounge and lower elsewhere.

Your reply has told me what the problem is. Sounds like I need to re-lay the floor to remove the gap. The floor is held together by the T&G with small Dutch skirting boards. Small being 1/4 inch by 1 inch cross section wood. Not the UK style larger thicker skirting boards. there are no nails or dowls securing the floor to the wooden cross beams beneath.

Thanks Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back