New wooden floor under architrave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We had a flood in our ground floor flat- burst pipe. Wooden floor ruined, needed to come up. Old vinyl tiles under needed removing as well to let concrete subfloor dry. It's now dry after nearly 6 months. Just ordered new wooden flooring. The old floor was 3 strip engineered oak approx 15mm in thickness plus foam backing plus vinyl tiles. Architrave was fitted after the original wood was laid. However the finish was a bit sloppy and a gap between the floor and base of architrave about 3-6mm was present in some places.

Our new wooden floor is 14mm plus timbermate excel underlay which I read somewhere was approx 3mm. My concern is that there is going to be a gap present. So without raising floor, buying thicker planks or replacing architrave, my question is what's the best way of finishing gaps between architrave and engineered wood floor?

Cheers

Jonny

Sponsored Links
do you mean skirting?? and as above,take off the old and if need be replace.

Sponsored Links
It does say.....So without raising floor, buying thicker planks or replacing architrave.......

Also, the last architrave I fitted was £11 a metre (solid oak). Thus Jono may have a dilemma if he paid similar prices for his and it isn't bog standard pine.
[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back