Wooden panels between brick piers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am trying to achieve the following:
136651-4e3d8bed1d6aed0cfc948c20f7919cd0.jpg

The brickies have built the wall. How do I achieve this please? Some diagrams/pictures would be very helpful.

To manage expectations, I have done he following but clearly the above doesn't have a visible arris rail:
136652-2a0e58f03d713f711bbd633a4c88d176.jpg

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• WP_20180125_15_44_13_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180125_15_44_13_Pro.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 2,222
  • IMG-20160528-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20160528-WA0001.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 523
Sponsored Links
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is able to provide some guidance on this please?

I am not sure what you're asking?

Presumably the example either has steel inserts for the hidden arris rail or has a bracket screwed on so an arris can be added. Then each side has (tongue and groove?) fitted and a top rail added as capping.

Sponsored Links
sorry guys, , let me clarify. This is a picture of my neighbours wall:
WP_20180125_15_44_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20180125_15_46_00_Pro.jpg

I want to achieve the same effect with my wall. I don't have a picture of my wall but it's the same as my neighbours but without the wooden panels between the piers. The builder has built the brick wall and I need to construct the wooden infills.

They appear to me as featheredge fencing but without a visible arris rail. They look the same on both sides. How do I constrict this please?

To complete the puzzle, I also posted a picture of my garden fence post my original post. sorry to cause confusion with this. I constructed this featheredge fencing. I thought it was worth demonstrating that im not a complete novice!

Does that help guys?

Doubt there is any arris rail, probably 3x2 frame clad either side with feather edged and capped to slow rot.

thanks @foxhole. That makes sense. Do you have any tips on how to construct the frame and where the fixing points should be? I would like to know which directions the 3x2 should run in and whether there should be any supports, etc.

I'd have 3x 3x2's horizontally witness the top one right at the top so you can cap it.

Do one side then fix it with some brackets, then put the feather edge on the other side to close it.

few questions if i may please.
should I get treated timber or sawn treated timber? Also, should I have vertical timber supports in place too?

can I get a capping which suits this width?

finally, which type of screw should I use to fix the featheredge to the wooden frame?

Last edited:
Thanks for your help again folks. I was wondering if someone can give me a steer on the above as I want to get this done this week.

Last edited:
Any treated and if you put verticals in don't break/cut the horizontals.

Capping you will have to go and see.

That's great thanks.
Did you have any suggestions on screws? I am worried about the wood splitting and also conscious that they need to withstand the weather.

I was worried that the frame would move with the force of the hammer. Would prefer nailing otherwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back