Wooden shed but what about a brick shed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had planning permission for a 20'x16' wooden shed, but I might have to go for a brick shed (same dimensions). Will I have to apply for planning permission because it's brick, more permanent?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Also, does anyone know if there is a fee to pay?

Do you mean you want to change an existing PP?
Did your planning application include the materials to be used?
If so, it's possible an amendment might be sufficient and no additional charge applied.
You need to ask your Planning Authority.

It might help if you explain why PP was necessary for a shed.

It would be a material amendment to the existing permission, and so would attract a fee.

Sponsored Links
I phoned planning permission and building regulations

Building regulations said there's no fee and planning permission asked me to submit the new plans via email but they did say there shouldn't be a fee either

If you received planning permission within the last 12 months you should get a "free go" so long as the new "development [will be] of the same character or description as development already permitted." This can be open to interpretation and different Local Planning Authorities interpret the rules differently.

More info here... http://planningguidance.communities...ning-applications/exemptions-and-concessions/

I can. Changing material is a literal and planning material change.

Have you seen the original permission in this case?

Thought not. Ergo, you cannot say for certain anything about how the construction or appearance was specified and how it must now be changed. Get the facts, and offer some targeted advice rather than potentially misleading blanket

I can. Changing material is a literal and planning material change.

Have you seen the original permission in this case?

Thought not. Ergo, you cannot say for certain anything about how the construction or appearance was specified and how it must now be changed. Get the facts, and offer some targeted advice rather than potentially misleading blanket

Stevie Wonder could comment on this without needing to see the original permission.

A change of material is a material change. It's established planning law.

Get the facts before offering targeted denials.

F.M., a philosopher.

Trouble is Descjardes it's a planning question. :rolleyes:

Ponder that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back