Wooden Template

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I go about making a template for a window sill? The finished product will be made of 18mm MDF. :D

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo jabba1 and welcome :LOL: :LOL:

not quite shure why you need a template are you talking about a profile template for the outside so the new profile matches the old or are you talking about the window ledge on the inside ;)

Can't exactly see why either?????

Just use a piece of 18mm MDF. :confused:

Normally templates are used when doing brick work. They are made to the same dimensions as the proposed window frame and the brick work is built around the template. The new windows are then fitted when the messy bricking is completed.

Bit vague with my request. I have to fit a new window sill inside. I am planning on using 18mm MDF to fit directly onto the existing flat surface. The window edge is narrower than the room edge so wanted to make a template that I could mark onto the MDF and then cut around. Hope this makes it a little clearer.

Sponsored Links
you can make it out off hardboard then when your happy with the fit transfer onto the mdf make shure you properly seal the mdf as moisture will quickly blow the mdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back