Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

i am having an issue i think!!

i am burning about 1 tonne of pellets a month. (£300) 4 bed house with 11 rads

boiler stat set to 70. water temp reaching 55 max

got a cold house!!
the rads aren't really warm, tried balancing them. getting better now, after opening all the trv's and closing all the lsv's then opening 1/4 turn.

water temp now 57-58 max.

am i missing something?

Sponsored Links
If I left my oil boiler on all the time I could probably burn £300 quids worth a month in winter.
Maybe your boiler is undersized or bad quality pellets!

Hi, sounds like could be the buffer set to low (if one fitted), also on the read out on the bottom right it's says 70? What temp is on the large read out?

Sponsored Links
done the whole balance radiators thing.
working better, boiler is set to 60 now, and getting 56-57 on main temp.
it is modulating now down to 2 so i think its probably working as well as it can.
how can i check my buffer?

You can check the buffer by pressing the bottom left button (set) then scrolling to the buffer thermostat and pressing set again. This will show you the target buffer temp . You can do the same with boiler temp and this needs to be 10-15 deg c hotter than buffer.
How long has the boiler been in?
When you say hot water do you mean the central heating or domestic hot water from tap?

Sorry forgot to ask, what temp is the flue gas when it's on power level 5? If above 175 deg c then will need a service as the flue gasses are passing through the heat exchanger without being absorbed into the water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back