Woodworm question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I first moved into my house about ten years ago, there were signs of woodworm in several places, notably around the toilet and in the hallway (above a cellar). Whilst nothing had lost its structure, I removed the worst affected boards and treated the rest thoroughly. Recently, I've noticed a few exit holes appearing, but one set has me perplexed - about five exit holes in laminate flooring which is laid on the green insulation boards!
I'm now a bit concerned about a retreatment - I can't treat laminate; does this all need ripping up and burning? Other areas are now glossed and decorated, again, what to do?

Sponsored Links
well the best thing is to try to get to all timber sources and treat,but if you can get to the underside of the boards from the cellar and treat that would be better then just leaving it,also how much space is there under neath all the other g/floor rooms?you might be able to treat by crawling under the floors.

I don't know anything about woodworm, but my (1880?) propertly has it's fair share of problems, mainly recently piles of dust, and holes in the skirting board, and this has been attributed to ants, not woodworm..or field mice(?). The place has been completely stripped, but some origional features remain.

Ant and mice repellant have stemmed this, but I have had to replace some wooden features/fill in to the best of my. Best to get a proper survey.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back