woodworm under the floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have discovered woodworm holes in the battons supporting my wooden floorboards of my ground floor living room.(house built in 1919)
The worst affected area is on the edge of the room with good access, however I have discovered little holes all over the room(up to 9m away) albeit rather thinly spread. Ideally I would pull up all the boards and treat the whole room but most of the room has barely been touched so I am thinking it may be just as good to spray woodworm killer from certain access points around the room and hopefully reach most of the areas.
Do you think this is a good plan of action, should I do the floorboards themselves and what products would you recommend?

Regards
Mr B

Sponsored Links
The usual way is to take up about every 5th board to get underneath. Use a pump action sprayer with woodworm killer. All available from the likes of B&Q. If there is no sign of fresh sawdust near the holes they may be long abandoned or even treated before you moved in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back