Worc Bosch Greenstar 25i: filling key stuck in wrong position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I can't seem to remove filling key without water gushing out of boiler. I've tried rotating and pushing it loads of times but no joy.

Can anyone advise? eg if I just pulled key out, would the amount of water that gushed out be more than eg a washing up bowl?

Sponsored Links
You need to rotate the key until the tabs line up inside ,whilst pulling lightly downward. A little water does tend to dribble out sometimes .

Thanks for reply. I've adjusted pressure once before and remember there being a dribble of water. But this time it gushes out, ie half-filled washing up bowl in about 10 seconds.

I'd pull the key out and start again re trying to close the filling link, but I don't know how much water would gush out.

Is boiler pressure topped up ok ,and the white nut fully closed tight. If so leave the key in ,it sounds like something has gone faulty within and needs replacing.

Sponsored Links
Just double-checked. Yeah - boiler pressure approx 1.7, white knob fully closed. I'll report it to letting agent then.

Thanks again for quick replies.

Reactions: CBW
just leave it in its not going to do any harm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back