Worcester 14/19 CBi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The burner on my 14/19 ignites when there is a demand from system, but then goes out within 2->3 secs. The start sequence appears to be correct (fan runs for 20 secs before igniter lights gas, process is repeated 4 times before lockout light comes on) I have already replaced the flame sense elctrode, but this has made no difference.
Whist the igniter is sparking I can see a relay operate on the PCB, which I think switches power through to operate the gas valve. I've checked the power supply to the gas valve but it is not 216v+ as installation guide says it should be? The service instructions suggest a problem with control board, but I'd like to be sure that I've checked all options before paying out for a new one. Any suugestions / advice greatly appreciated as the washing machines just died as well so the plastics going to be taking a battering! :confused: Thanks.

Sponsored Links
As always with Worcester, I always recommend getting Worcester in on a fixed price repair.

Sponsored Links
U sure that you are measuring it in dc voltage? had to replace a gas valve on one of these yeasterday-solenoid had packed up on it-sometimes it would ignite ok other times nothing.

Thanks for the suggestions Gents. Dave, your link doesn't appear to work, please could you send again?
cjb1971 - Good point about the DC, will check again :oops:
Any other ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back