worcester 24 cdi combi big problem

• Thread starter llewellyn63
  • Start date
L

llewellyn63

I have worcester 24 cdi combi about 10 years old, and its not been used for a year as house was empty.
presser reader was on 0 bar so I filled to 1 bar turned it on and put CHW & HW ON and gas lights comes on for about 15 secs then steam starts going out of the overflow out side and the steam comes out of the presser air valve on top of the unit??
any ideas guys?? :cry:

Sponsored Links
would have to see it to be certain but sounds like your pump has seized remove the large screw head at the centre of the pump and use a screw driver to rotate the pump shaft and then try it again

would have to see it to be certain but sounds like your pump has seized remove the large screw head at the centre of the pump and use a screw driver to rotate the pump shaft and then try it again
ok thanks, will load of water come out or only a little?

you might have 1bar in the system but is it full of water? have you bled all rads?

Sponsored Links
water will come out but not a lot just place a small towel under the pump when trying this

What a boiler has not been used for so long I always recommend that an engineer is called to check/service it to ensure that its working correctly and that its safe.

Tony

What a boiler has not been used for so long I always recommend that an engineer is called to check/service it to ensure that its working correctly and that its safe.

Tony

may do if I can get it running, dont want to waste money on it if its had it

the boiler you have is a decent boiler and 10 years is nothing to that boiler so I wouldnt give up on it just yet

the boiler you have is a decent boiler and 10 years is nothing to that boiler so I wouldnt give up on it just yet

no I like to see if problem can be worked out and not have to buy a new combi, not living there at min but will be in a month to 6 weeks

I think i check expansion vessel for air too, as i understand dont want water coming out of it.
but this would not stop hot water working would it?

ive done this and pump is going round now as it it getting warm but still got no HEATING or WATER
it sounds like its all running and it lights gas but steam starts coming out of top of combi

???

Make sure the flow and return valves under the boiler are open and the automatic air valve is also open. (looks like a car tyre valve cover on top of boiler)

Make sure the flow and return valves under the boiler are open and the automatic air valve is also open. (looks like a car tyre valve cover on top of boiler)

yeah its all open as it should be

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back