Worcester Bosch 24 cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am in the process of getting quotes to do a new install of combi boiler and 8 rads anyway... The first chap is recommending a Worcester Bosch Junior 24 CDI (I live in a medium size 3 bedroom semi) - whats the overall opinion of these boilers I have seen other posts suggesting that they maybe a tad noisey (something I do not want! Although it will be living in the airing cupboard). Is there something better in the combi world that I should consider?! I have 3 other chaps coming out who I am sure have totally different opinions of it all! It would be nice to have the opinion of people who aren't wanting to sell me something!

Thanks in advance,

Baz

Sponsored Links
I always fit the 28Cdi with the RF digistat, better flow rate and not much more money, I dont think they are particularly noisy and have fitted them in airing and bedroom cupboards, my Ideal Isore is bloody noisy and it's a sooper dooper condensing machine nah nah, nah nah, nah, eveyrones idea of noise is different , only you can decide if it's noisy or not whatever the make.

Great, thanks for the reply.... I'll check out the cost of the 28 too...

Cheers,

Baz

Yes go 28kW if you can (gas pipe needs to be big enough). Vaillants are OK too, bit bigger though I think. Baxi 105's seem to be OK too.

Sponsored Links
I've just had a 28i Junior installed in a 3 bedroom, end terraced with 8 radiators. Water flow 11 lit per min on a cold scottish afternoon. Heating excellent - felt that 24i wouldn't be big enough. I am a bit concerned about the noise as well. My boiler in in a cupboard, and even through the door, the boiler sounds like the electric fan assisted oven that I have (sorry this is the only sound I can compare it to). It is not excessively noisy that it keeps you awake, but it does sound exactly like the fan in your oven. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back