Worcester 24 cdi of constant fault light blinking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day All...
I have purchased a Willerby Mobile Home a few days ago in which I live with wife n kids. Its getting into German winter (down to minus 25 degrees Celsius...) and the boiler dont work:

Its a CDI 24 OF installed. After starting the boiler which worked fine for a few hours it all of a sudden shut down and error code red light is slowly flashing. I live in Germany and Worcester boilers are not available here. So talking to Bosch engineers gets me nowhere.

Can anyone please urgently help as I need to get the house warm for the children. I dont have anyone here in Germany knowing the specific Worcester brand and type of Combi Boiler.

Thanx indeed, Rolf.

Sponsored Links
Go onto the Worcester site and download the manual (discontinued manuals)...it may give a clue to the fault.

Hi, thanx for the hint but already have manual and about a dozen guys look at the boiler but couldnt get to fix it.
Funny thing is that it worked ok for a few hours and then went to error mode. Resetting dont help.
Once reset the pump starts but neither spark nor gasflow can be recognized.
Any clues?

Well give us a clue...which LEDs flash.

A dozen what...plumbers of boiler engineers. These are simple boilers. Did they test the sensors etc.

Sponsored Links
The Centrral Heating red light flashes and according to manual its a gas lockout:
Here is the description of the manual...
If the appliance does not light, check that it is not in the ‘lockout’ state by pressing the lockout reset button.

Well, according to the slow flashing Light it is indeed in the lockout position and checking the gas valve shows pressure coming into but no gas passing through. So I think that something has shut down the gas valve for safety. But how to reset? Cant seem to find the correct way to do so.

In the manual it says: contact the dealer :) Well, he s in the UK... and calling someone in might be as pricy as five new boilers altogether :evil:

Let me know what you think and which button to press... please.

Who's checked there's gas pressure at the gas valve inlet but not at the outlet?

It's either faulty gas valve solenoid(s) or the pcb. I can't beleive German boiler engineers can't fix such a simple boiler fault. Germany has Veissmann/Bosch/Junkers etc....all way more complex than the obsolete CDi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back