worcester 24 cdi rising pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Ive posted before with a problem with rising pressure on the heating side and thought i`d fixed it..the problem has started again with the pressure gauge going up 3 bar when the central heating is on,i keep lowering the pressure with the prv, however when the system starts again later in the day it will rise to 3 bar again,would i be right in thinking the problem could be a split heat exchanger .Thanks Chris

Sponsored Links
is your filling loop not letting by. you also need to check your expansion vessel.

Hi the filling loop is not in place its a white plastic tube that has be be fitted before adding water to the system. i`ve not checked the pressure vessel ,but the last time i had the problem the pressure vessel`s pressure was a little under 1 bar...

if it rises cold i would say plate hex especially here in cornwall. seen a few go on these.if you have a water meter make sure all cold supplys are off. look at the black dial and if its spinning, try turning the cold supply off at the boiler then look at the meter again. if its still spinning hmmm.

Sponsored Links
or turn pff the cold mains turn off the boiler and leave the taps open overnight. if the pressure drops then plate hex it is.

if it only does it specifically when the heating is on and the expansion vessel is properly checked to be at 1 bar then i'd be looking for a blockage in the pipe to the vessel.

Hi just lowered the pressure with heating off and found no or little air pressure on the expansion vessel,topped up the expansion vessel to just under 1 bar and the system seems to be working normally,i`ll keep a close eye on it..but at least i`m on the right track...with your advice guys...Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back