Worcester 240 BF boiler overheating issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Was wondering if someone could advise on the best course of action for the below.

The boiler started failing to switch off as central heating temperature rose, causing it to trip the overheat switch and shut off completely (no pilot light or anything).

To remedy this I swapped the central heating thermistor to no avail, then the central heating front panel temperature control potentiometer. Still no luck. Now I've replaced the main driver board and the problem persists.

According to the manual the next step is to check the voltage coming from the driver board to the gas valve, to check it changes as the CH warms up, and sure enough this doesn't seem to modulate as it should. But the only course of action according to the manual is to replace the driver board again.

So my question is, is it really likely that two driver boards have failed in exactly the same way or could something else be at fault?

Everything works in terms of the CH heating up quickly and all radiators having consistent heat, the hot water heats up quickly, the room thermostat works. The gas valve also reduces output if its regulation is disconnected. That does only seem to leave the driver board but I want to know it's needed before dropping another £30-£50 on one.

Thanks for any help.
Ed

Sponsored Links
I think that you need a gas safe engineer!

The site rules here don't permit us to give advice on gas or combustion issues.

To properly fault find it would be necessary to check the settings on the gas valve which is not a DIY job.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back