Worcester 240 combi On/Off button does not work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester 240 combi. The On/Off button seems to be mulfunctioning. I turned the boiler on, it is firing and the heating is working properly however, when I press the button to turn it off it does not respond. So, now, the heating is constantly on. Is it okay if I disconnect it from the mains?

Sponsored Links
Can you not just turn the thermostat down?

Yeah I have the S230E7 timer. The "select" button is faulty, all the rest work...

The "select" is stuck to the "once" selection...I have set the thermostat to the lowest already and still fires

Sponsored Links
? So the timer, and the thermostat, and the on/off switch, have all gone faulty at the same time?

More likely a wiring fault or an internal control or a connection error.

When did it last work properly, and what's happened since then?

You could turn it off the mains, but some components in older boilers fail afterwards. What about turning the boiler thermostat down?

Only the select button does not respond when I press it. I would assume that the spring of the button is messed (?). I am not sure if the programming is applicable when the selection is at "once". Also, when the thrmostast is at the lowest level and the selection at "once" then it fires again for very short duration(s).

As long as it is safe and the gas valve stays closed when I disconnect it from the mains then I will do it until the engineer comes on Monday

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back