worcester 240 OF lpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my boiler in my static caravan is a Worcester 240 OF lpg its all of a sudden making a very loud vibrating noise when hot water is on for longer than a few minutes doesn't make it when heating on only when on high demand for water felt pump can feel vibrations can some one give me a clue what this could be

Sponsored Links
It worries me the idea of an open flued appliance in a static home where internal doors are often not very airtight and it could be considered to be virtually in a bedroom.

Although it probably does have the flue spillage sensor which will give a little protection. That's if it has not been bypassed to prevent nuisance tripping!

Tony

It worries me the idea of an open flued appliance in a static home where internal doors are often not very airtight and it could be considered to be virtually in a bedroom.

Although it probably does have the flue spillage sensor which will give a little protection. That's if it has not been bypassed to prevent nuisance tripping!

Tony

Hi Tony
That's helped a lot i also have a mains powered c02 detector in compartment of boiler but this doesn't answer my question.
mark

You need a detector for CO and not CO2.

I cannot guess what the noise is without being at the boiler.

Obvious answer is to call a competent engineer. Not that many are reg. for LPG but any can deal with it if it is not a gas issue which is unlikely.

Tony

Sponsored Links
is the water a bit hotter than normal ? the thermistors on these are prone to failing

Don't they flash an orange light on the panel of an NTC goes o/c ?

I think they are about 25k cold unlike most boilers which are 13k.

Yes Tony you are correct but only if they go O/C if just out of range you dont get any indication, could also be heat exchanger scaled

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back