worcester 24cdi hw & ch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help
I have a worcester 24cdi and a problem started a few days ago and gradually got worse and now I dont have any hw or ch. If I turn the boiler on at the mains and demand either hw, ch or both, it fires up ok but after a few seconds it makes some gurgling noises and sometimes a high pressure sucking sound and then there's a few clicks and bangs and then it shuts down. Just before it packed up completely I noticed that the pump was running very hot, too hot too touch and if I crack open the black plastic cap on top of the boiler it releases a bit of steam and some hot water. Dose this sound familiar to anyone.

Sponsored Links
sounds like it is overheating and no water in it what does the pressure gauge read

Thanks for your reply. The pressure reading was fine, I got a plumber friend to look at it (corgi reg.) and it seems the pump had got stuck. Its working fine now so I'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back