Worcester 24CDi Vent staining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The vent on my Worcester 24CDi combi is dripping water down my exterior wall which is now badly stained. I have looked at other vents in the street which are different types but none seems to be running back onto the wall.
I mentioned it to the engineer when the combi was serviced but he just said they all did it.
Does anyone know of a way to stop this happenning?

Sponsored Links
yeah.....fix the darn thing.

Thankyou but I was hoping for a little more detail as to how to fix it.

I think this needs your service engineer back to check it. All non-condensing boilers must have the flue drop away from the boiler so that any condensation etc runs out of the flue and drips away. Are your neighbours newish condensing boilers that have the flue slope back towards the boiler?

Sponsored Links
its not a "24cdi extra" is it?

ive never seen a non condensing cdi cause any wall damage.

I don't think it's an "extra" it just says 24 CDi on the boiler. I think most of my neighbours boilers were fitted before mine.
The vent has fins and the water seems to run back along the bottom fin and on to the wall instead of dripping off the end.

Are you saying your flue is pointing slightly upwards then? If so it has been installed wrong :rolleyes:

It looks like it is straight but the fins slope down towards the wall.

can you not "adjust" the bottom "fin"?

No the fin can't be adjusted unless the whole thing can be turned so the fins are at the sides.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back