Worcester 24CDI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently purchasing a Bunglow fitted with a Worcester 24CDI. The current owners say it was installed in 2007 but have no paperwork (invoices / quotes / installation certificate) to prove this. Is this likely to be correct as from reading online all boilers from 2005 onwards needed to be condensing which I don't think this is. I have also learnt that the rewiring (also in 2007) was done by a friend, and again they have no certifcate for this. Is it likely this boiler was old stock and fitted again "by a friend."

Thanks for any comments or advise in advance.

Sponsored Links
IF it is condensing then it is allowed - look for a 7th plastic pipe under the boiler.

Sounds like you'll be knocking the owner down a few grand for rewire and boiler though.

Thanks Dan. I have had a look on the Worcester website and the boiler isn't condensing. It was discontinued in 2007 so am I correct to assume that it was OK to fit a none condensing boiler in 2007?

Thanks

Stephen

Sponsored Links
So am I right to assume that this boiler would of been not to regulation at the date it was fitted?

Correct!

Its did not comply with builduing regs when installed!

Its about 12% less efficient than a condensing boiler.

The swallows may come home to roost!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back