Worcester 24cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. First post so I hope someone can help. I think I have a duff gas valve on above boiler. I've borrowed a digital multimeter and used the Fail Point H chart. When testing the brown wires I get a reading of 65 ohms, but on the purple wires the multimeter just displays a '1'. I guess that means it's duff. ( Either that or I broke the meter when I dropped it on the floor). Not looking to change it myself, I have a mate who is CORGI reg but he works away and won't be home till the weekend, just looking for a confirmation of my diagnosis. Don't suppose a tap with a hammer would do it any good? Just wondering.

Sponsored Links
If its reading 1 as in an open or a short circuit the only way to fix it is replacing it.

Your mate will be CORGI registered when working for his employer!

But he is not registered when he is doing a job on the side for you!

A gas valve is an expensive component and not something to change unless you are sure its at fault.

Tony

Hi SGM. Thanks for the reply. Didn't have any instructions with the multimeter so I didn't really know what it meant. On the plus side, if I had a resistance measurement on both sets of wires it would have meant the PCB had gone. My mate has been to a match tonight but we have communicated by text. He's coming on Saturday to sort me out. I'm sure we can brave the cold and endure cold tap water till then. Bring back solid fuel fires I say.

Sponsored Links
Sorry Agile, but you posted while I was replying to SGM. My mate actually has his own company that trains people in plumbing and gas. He also does consultancy and expert witness type of stuff so he's hard to pin down but we go back years and meet up for the odd night out. I was hoping to diagnose the fault myself to minimise the inconvenience to him but he's coming on Saturday so it will all be sorted soon enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back