Worcester 24i Boiler - No hot water...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a problem with my boiler. When i turn on the hot water tap the system trys but fails to light. The reset switch goes onto a 1/s flash.

I've been through the usual basics such as changing the PCB fuses, drained the pump and topped the system pressure to 1.5bar.

If I use the manual configuration switch on the PCB (it has three settings normal on demand, low burn and high burn) and fire the bolier up it comes on fine. If I then switch back to normal mode after a few minutes, turning the heating off and turn the hot tap on the sytem fires up fine.

If i then let the boiler be for an hour and the sytem cools, when i create hot water demand through the tap the bolier fails to start and goes into the usual 1/s flash sequence.

HELP PLEASE!

Sponsored Links
You seem to do odd "basics" ! I never change any fuses unless they are open circuit!

Does it work as normal on CH ?

Have you measured the resistance of the temperature sensor cold and then hot?

It might eventually turn out to be a PCB fault but there are other periferals to eliminate first.

Tony

Haven't tried on central heating - too be honest I've just moved in to my flat and inherited the heater without any instructions. It has been working fine the past few weeks and has only just started to fail.

I'm going to test with the central heating on tonight when i get home.

Have no idea how to test the temperature sensitivity to hot or cold water - easy or not?

Many thanks for the reply BTW.

Sponsored Links
If you dont have a digital multimeter then you are not going to get very far with diagnosing the fault.

Perhaps you would be better calling in a competent boiler engineer.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back