Worcester 24i boiler question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old style Worcester 24i boiler installed. My red needle on the pressure guage is set to about 1 1/2 however the actual pressure needle usually runs at around 3 . Does anybody know if this is right, and if not how do I reduce the pressure in the system

Sponsored Links
PANIC ITS ABOUT TO BLOW!!!!!!!!!
the pressure should normally reside around 1bar when cold to a max of 2 when rads are hot. check if the filling loop has been left open . then reduce the pressure from the drain off under the boiler or at a rad bleed nipple

The filling valve isn't open, how does it keep increasing, is that a fault, also where can I drain it and is it essential I do it as you can tell, I havn't a clue about boilers..

Does the pressure read normal when cold? 1-1.5 bar. Then go up to 3 when on? Does water flow out the p.r.v outside? If all these are true it sounds like an expansion vessel problem. Might just need pumping up, or split membrane.

Sponsored Links
See "Boiler Pressure Problems" in the faq section.

If you get the feeling of chasing your tail with the pressure vessel thing its time to look into the possibilty of an internal leak in the secondary heat exchanger

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I will call an engineer out, I am about as technical as a broken ruler... I had a look last night and the pressure went to 3 1/2 when everything was off, it seems to go down when the heating is on, but up when everything is off..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back