Worcester Boiler 24i junior Rattle's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this is my first post so go easy. We have just moved in to a new house and the boiler is making some strange noises when it fires up it makes some banging and rattling noises also the pressure seems to be up and down and the needle is shaking around.

Its a worcester 24i junior if any one has any ideas what this could be i think i will get the british gas home care guys out but would like to know the problems so i can tell the engineer.

Many Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Its a worcester 24i junior if any one has any ideas what this could be i think i will get the british gas home care guys out but would like to know the problems so i can tell the engineer.

Many Thanks guys

Glenn, I would certainly hope that a BG engineer will be able to diagnose the fault without any help from you.

Its probably a blockage and he will recommend a power flush costing £600 but of course its your choice to call BG.

What do have against an independent who is likely to be far more economical?

Tony

We pay monthly for the boiler insurance with bg would that not cover them doing a power flush?

Thanks for the reply i know they should know but i always like to have a little knowldge before they start talking rubbish.

Sponsored Links
BG breakdown cover does not cover problems caused by sludge in the system!

Read their small print for exclusions!

Tony

Thanks for the replys at £600 i might as well get a new boiler

You could get a magnetic filter fitted (magna-clean, TF 1, spiro-tech) add the chemicals to your system, then let the boiler and the filter do the job for you. Just drain the system 5-7 days later, clean out the filter and add the inhibitor. Filter and chemicals £100-£120 all in, job done.

I had some one look at it and they said its because of the hard water in the area he showed me out side where the boiler had dumped water and it's a dark brown on the wall. He suggested the above but to have a power flush done then fit all the other bits.

Thanks so much for all the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back