Worcester 24i Combi - strange water leak.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My 4 year old Worcester 24i Combi boiler has a water leak when the heating in off, but when the heating is on their is only the odd drop. The water is coming from where the pipe for the pump is connected into the main body of the boiler.

I'm rather concerned as this is causing the electrics to get wet. When the system not running (ie no heating or hotwater but turned on) the system loses lots of water and pressure drops to zero after serveral hours.

Leaving the heating on and the leak seems to go away and there is no loss of pressure.

Cheers. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Er , what's the question? It needs fixing!
Keep the water off the electrics or you may need a new pcb.

Er , what's the question? It needs fixing!
Keep the water off the electrics or you may need a new pcb.

I was wondering if anyone may have a suggestion as to why this was happening!? Why would water leak out when the system when not running, but not come out of the system when the heating is on?

I would have expected the leak to be there when the system was being used and under pressure.

Apologies for not being clear.

Cheers.

Because of expansion when hot,As you know when things get hot they expand and when thos happens its causing the connection to leak.

Sponsored Links
Quite possibly it has something to do with the quality of the installer and service. I would turn the 230V TO the boiler off until the leak is fixed, and make sure that no water can go to the electronics

Because of expansion when hot,As you know when things get hot they expand and when thos happens its causing the connection to leak.

But I am experiencing the opposite? It's leaking when cold, but not when warm!

Anyway, I have decided to let a professional come and have a look at it!

Cheers for the replies. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back