worcester 24i help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry , I know I have posted this before but I really do need some advice

Boiler has never been serviced is 3 yrs old and always in use, the problem is my mums c/h will not fire up on itself when put in the on position, so i have to turn dhw tap on for a few seconds which incidently is great so the c/h will come on ( flame in burner ),This has to be done after every time you turn heating off and is very annoying for her. Im in the process getting a gas engineer to look at the problem but can anybody give me some advice please as a rough guide to the problem ,she is cold and 72 yrs of age

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
got the exact same problem and elderly mother..

some days the worcester 28i works fine then others i get the call no hot water or heating.

to get it running i have fiddled with the clock and turning the hot water on and off. recently i have noticed the upstair radiators were cold and bleed them with great sucess. once bled the pressure was down to 0.5 bar. i topped it up. the heating and hot water was working great but i now have noticed the overflow pipe outside is dripping slowly probably due to me overfilling the system the last time.

could this have been from to much air in the system causing it to cut out but why wouldn't it give hot water???

i've read the forum and will try the reset button next time but what can be causing this intermittant fault???

The pressure relief outside should not be dripping unless the pressure on the gauge is around 3 bar. When u topped it up after filling, it should of been on 1 bar if cold. If the relief drips all the time it needs attention. If u set the boiler at 1 bar and it lifts 3 and starts dripping then the expansion vessel needs attention(recharging with air or replacing) if it needs replacing some times its more practical & cheaper to fit a universal expansion vessel on the system.

Sponsored Links
bab thanks for that info. i'm monitoring the situation just now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back