worcester 24i junior CH keeps cutting out/flashing red light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Hope someone can advise. My worcester 24i junior is on the blink - just as we head into a week of predicted freezing temperatures and snow!

It's a combi boiler, around 10 years old, last serviced a few years ago.

The water presure dial when the system's not in use is 1.25 (grey dial) and 1.5 (red dial)

What's happening is:
1. HW and CH won't work together
2. CH will work for approx 1 hour and then will cut off - red flashing light (fast) on front of boiler. If I switch the bolier off at the mains and wait an hour or so, it will work again for another hour or so, sometimes less
3. The CH comes on in the morning on timer for around 45 mins and works OK.
4. If I run the hot water when the CH is on, the hot water cuts out and I get the red flashing light again. The HW water seems to run OK independently - apart from this morning when it cut out half way through my shower.
5. When I've used the HW, sometimes it sounds like the boiler is trying to reignite again, even though the water/CH is off.

Hope someone can help!
many thanks

Ali

Sponsored Links
Seems likely overheating , you can either call a local engineer out or call Worcester for a fixed rice repair,sadly nothing a diy or customer could fix:( to be fair a lot of the time unless your in front of boiler it’s difficult to diagnose.
Hope this helps good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back