Worcester 24i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me. I have a 5 year old Worcester 24i junior. Recently the ignition light on the boiler has started to flash randomly when the boiler is running. There is also a clicking sound. This is not at the moment affecting the heating but has meant that when we run the bath it is luke warm .

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it's overheating. The rate at which the light flashes will tell you why it's locking out. Check the instructions or go on the worcester website for the flash codes. Confirm this before doing anything but if your water is luke warm, it may be getting sludged up

i believe that it is only the warnig light that flashes and tells you the problem. The ignition light just tells you that the boiler is either in action or not. I have contacted Worcester via the internet and they have replied to say that it would need to be looked at by a gas safe engineer or one of their engineers but wont tell me the problem. If i need a particular part i could maybe get it cheaper than the engineer and just get them to fit it.

Sponsored Links
i believe that it is only the warnig light that flashes and tells you the problem. The ignition light just tells you that the boiler is either in action or not. I have contacted Worcester via the internet and they have replied to say that it would need to be looked at by a gas safe engineer or one of their engineers but wont tell me the problem. If i need a particular part i could maybe get it cheaper than the engineer and just get them to fit it.

Sorry, don't follow here... You're right, the light that flashes (also the reset button) the rate that it flashes tells you roughly why it's locked out. Could be once per second, 4 times per second etc... check instructions

there are 2 lights on the front of the worcester 24i.One is the reset button that flashes when there is a fault. The other is the ignition light that tells you that the boiler is lit and in operation.This should stay on when the boiler is lit. At the moment this flickers on and off and you can see the ignition electrodes sparking a though it is trying to light the boiler when it is actually already lit. I have checked all the wires and there doesn't seem to be any loose connections.

there are 2 lights on the front of the worcester 24i.One is the reset button that flashes when there is a fault. The other is the ignition light that tells you that the boiler is lit and in operation.This should stay on when the boiler is lit. At the moment this flickers on and off and you can see the ignition electrodes sparking a though it is trying to light the boiler when it is actually already lit. I have checked all the wires and there doesn't seem to be any loose connections.

what you're describing here is the burner not rectifying. You can check the polarity is correct but anything else is a job for an RGI i'm affraid. Ignition pressure/electrode checks etc...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back