Worcester 24i Junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lots of useful info on this site - thanks a lot! - was hoping somebody equally useful can help me diagnose a problem.

I've a Worcester 24i Junior boiler with a WR1 receiving unit and a British Gas RC5 thermostat. My HW works fine; on request and as normal, however my central heating refuses to respond when increasing the temp. via the thermostat.

I've replaced the batteries in the RC5 and have successfully (as far as I can tell) re-established the remote control with the WR1. The central heating works when it's in servicing mode so I don't think there's a problem with the diverter valve which has been mentioned on previous posts.

So, am i right in thinking that I need to get a new receiving unit/thermostat? If so, is it a job that I could do with myself?

All comments gratefully received - many thanks

Sponsored Links
Its difficult when not at the boiler to say whats wrong.

If all the settings are correct and you have successfully established communication with the RX unit then it could be faulty. But that is pretty rare!

Tony

Okay Tony, thanks.

Perhaps you can confirm that if there was a problem with the boiler, could it still work, i.e. could the central heating still kick-in when in servicing mode? I had assumed that the problem couldn't be with the boiler as both the HW works and the CH operates, albeit when you press the service mode button. Perhaps I'm wroing though.

Am resigned to getting an engineer out, however, if I can at least point them in the right direction before hand it may save a bit of time (and perhaps money!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back