worcester 24i rsf-cant bleed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i replaced the prv as it was letting by, recharged the pressure to 1.5, and turned back on, after 20-30 seconds i could hear "gurgling" then a dull knocking, sounds like air in system, bled all rads(all fine)took cap off pumphead and that was turning ok. noise does stop when i turn on hot tap but returns a few seconds after turning off. its an old boiler and does not have(that i can see) the auto air vent,though it does have a small tube sticking out the top next to the reset button with a "washing up liquid bottle top" cap. any suggestions are v welcome

Sponsored Links
Apart from the noise, is it firing up and giving hot water and heating?

Tony

fires up first time, good heat but reluctent to leave on too long as it starts to make quite a rattle, thanks
forgot to say needle on the pressure dial bounces around. but does not gain/loose when off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back