Worcester 24i RSF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

Recently moved into a new house with a Worcester 24i RSF.

Just got up this morning to no pilot light and no idea how to re ignite it!!

Pump appears to be working, but there is no hot water. I checked the instruction leaflet, but it is all a bit Greek to me. Also, where the instructions say there should be a reset button on top of the boiler, there isn't. There are however two solid plastic stumps(one with a "Fairy Liquid" type cap on it) that will not move where I believe the reset switch should be.

Can anyone shed any light on this. Don't really want shell out hundreds if it is something really simple.

Please help.

Sponsored Links
I did not think your model has a pilot light?

Some Worcester models have the o/h stat on the right just above the control panel. Rusty colour!

Tony

The "fairy liquid"cap is a test point and must be left as it is. The overheat reset is a little threaded cross piece - push it down to reset.

However at this age the APS may be the problem.

Sponsored Links
The problem appeared to be a lack of electricity owing to a construction site down the road severing the main!!

Not sure how the pump was working though???

Problem has rectified itself.

Many thanks for your help though, much appreciated. :confused: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back