worcester 24i rsf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a prob,can any one help? my worcester 24i rsf was kettling then started going off on overheat,so cleaned/flushed system all fine for couple of days ,thenconstantly going overheat. it has now had new ch thermistor, new pcb and new gas valve all from other peoples advice. still boiling over. could do with some reliable info. thanks for your time folks.

Sponsored Links
fin6969 said:
got a prob,can any one help? my worcester 24i rsf was kettling then started going off on overheat,so cleaned/flushed system all fine for couple of days ,thenconstantly going overheat. it has now had new ch thermistor, new pcb and new gas valve all from other peoples advice. still boiling over. could do with some reliable info. thanks for your time folks.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Check/change the pump, or if its the same person diagnosing the fault as doing the flushing then maybe it should be done again properly.

Sponsored Links
If everything gets warm i.e radiators then it could very well be the HE. Suggest cleaning it again. What did you use before and for how long?

all rads get warm. was cleaned with sentinel x400 left in for a week

If you run hot tap for 5/10 mins does it still overheat? If so I would suggest new main heat ex.

Other fault could be no pump over run if this model has it, but new pcb should hace fixed this!

Could be cheaper option to call worcester in on fixed price call.

hot tap running for 20 minytes going ok. perhaps worcester is the next step

Doesn't sound to me like heat ex then. Must be something on ch side. We'll all have to have a think

Unless you are good enough to prove its the pump can I suggest that it could be the PCB as I had one several years ago that evey man and his dog had been to which turned out to be that.

I guess it was easy for me because I had a meter on the pump supply when it went off.

Stan

thanks for advice folks but i bit the bullet and called worcester. they coming sat. too bloody cold last night. kids not happy!!! let you know what they come up with. thanks again.

Hi, just seen the thread on this and was wandering if worcester managed to sort it, and if so what was it they said it was? Very curious as I've had nearly exactly the same fault before. Thanks

Hi Fin 6969! I'm interested to know what your problem turned out to be?? Did Worcester sort it in the end? I've had a similar problem but didn't get to go back to it as they changed the boiler! Cured the problem though :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back