Worcester 24i stops burning after initial fire-up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - my worcester 24i boiler has been temperamental since I moved the power switch. For both the HW and heating the boiler will fire up ok, but after around 10 mins for the heating and at most 5 mins for the HW (running individually that is) the boiler will stop burning.

At the point where the boiler stops burning, it starts to make a ticking/clicking noise which seems to be coming from behind the control panel; from then not much else happens. It is almost like it wants to restart but cannot. I can hear what I believe is the fan but that is it. I have checked the extraction flue and this is clear.

I am sure I have rewired the switch I moved correctly, the red power light is lit ok.

Any help is welcome. Cheers

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if the APS is not being actuated.

That needs a competent CORGI to check and repair.

I suppose you have never had it serviced properly?

Are you in L/S ?

Tony

Tony, thanks for that - I had heard that the APS maybe the place to start. I'll have to get that checked as you said.

I guess this is indicative of a system that has not been serviced properly :rolleyes:

Not sure what L/S means, so can't answer that...

Cheers JP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back