Worcester 25 SI - Intelligent Controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just wondering if someone can give me some pointers on intelligent controls for my Greenstar 25SI as my plumber seems completely at a loss and only seems to understand simple controls.

My question is this, if I were to purchase a new DT20 Twin channel digital programmer would this work with a FR110 Programmable Digital Thermostat. I will run 3 core & earth from the programmer to the thermostat, but am unsure of the of what other things are required. The notes say that system boilers need an optional diverter valve, but I imagine that as I have no water tank this is not required.

Is there any reason why the flow controls provided by the FR110 will not work with a 25 SI?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jon

Sponsored Links
Having done some more research I also have a few more questions:
- Could I use a non Worcester Bosch controller and still have the ability to control Eco Mode for the hot water pre-heating?
- If I am to future proof the wiring in the house for intelligent programmers of the future is 3 core+ earth enough wiring? I am tempted to run some Cat6 or maybe another 3 core just in case further connections are required in the future - am I nuts?

Yes.

Otherwise you wouldn't have chosen an Si, THEN decided to buy expensive controls.

Champagne ideas, beer money.

Thanks for the response, but I am hoping you could elaborate more as I don't quite follow. Is that a 'Yes' the FR110 will work with the 25si; or Yes I should be okay with 3 core + earth from the thermostat position; or a yes that third party controllers can control the pre-heat mode for hot water?

For interest, I inherited the 25si from the previous owner who seems to have made a series of tactical decisions regarding the property. Worcester Bosch seem to be pretty good, however the 25si seems a tad under powered for the house.

Sponsored Links
Yes, although as it is an inherited boiler I have some sympathies ;).

Will have to bone up on my budget boiler controls but don't see the point in dual channeling an Si. Weather comping is also ottwhen you can just experiment with turning down the boiler stat.

weather comp stops you needing to turn down the boiler stat, it does it automatically...surely people have better things to do with their life than fret about their boilers and heating systems

Bosch weather comp is probably as good as Vaillant's and Viessmann's seeing as they have to have it in Germany ...

but beware.if the 25si is for the UK market only Worcester may have removed the compatibility

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back