Worcester 26/32 - is pressure gauge broken?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bled top floor house radiators as they were making a lot of noise - then added water via filling loop, but gauge remained at 0.4 bar, despite tapping it. Eventually after c 15 seconds of filing I heard 'knocking' in the boiler, which I presume was the prv letting off ( although i don't know where this releases to). My question is - is it likely the pressure gauge is broken - and if so can I test/ replace it.?
Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Well, you could replace it, or you could test it.

In that case I would get someone to do it for you. Before I had changed one, I didn't know how either, but I worked it out.

Sponsored Links
I am happy to change it out if the gauge is difficult to rectify. A question though: do the prominent rectangular projections in the pipe above the pump and in from the gauge allow me to isolate it ( are they linked to valves?) or do I have to drain down the boiler?
Any help appreciated - thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back