Worcester 28 SI II - Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

The pressure gauge on my Worcester 28 SI II boiler is reading about 0.75, however, I think it is broken. I want to increase the pressure, I've tried topping up the system with the top-up valve/loop pipe, however the gauge doesn't move. I lost my nerve after 5 minutes of topping up, worried that I might over pressurise the system.

My question is, should I continue topping up the pressure? I'm afraid of springing a leak.

Cheers,

Ollie.

Sponsored Links
Hi Ollie,

It could be that your gauge is stuck because of dirt in the system. After 5 mins (unless your water pressure is really poor, then it should be pressurised. However it’s not uncommon for a filling loop valve to fail, which is more likely the case.

Any photos of said setup?

I can hear the water flowing when I use the top-up valve, so I'm pretty sure the valve is doing its job.

P.S. I've topped up a few times in the past, with success.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I wouldn't add more if I were you. If you have opened the filling loop for 5 mins it's likely to be overpressured. If the prv lifts you may have to replace it ,as it may not then seal fully.

Take Terrys advice not mine.

By the way, I have witnessed in the past that, if the presure went too low (below 1 Bar), then the boiler would refuse to start up. The remedy would be to top up, and all was good then.

At the moment, the boiler is starting up... so in theory, the pressure should be good. Does anyone agree with my theory?

If the boiler is working normally ,the pressure doesn't need increasing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back