Worcester 28 CDI - Trying to re-ignite when already lit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a number of problems with a Worcester 28 CDI recently. The board had to be replaced as a circuit had gone. This didnt solve the issue which was then diagnosed as a faulty fan (which was very stiff to turn). It looks like one took the other out.

Anyway, all fixed, less than 24 hrs the boiler is playing up again. If i turn the CH on or demand hot water the boiler fires up and runs and then after 2 minutes or so, you can here it trying to re-ignite even though its already lit. Looking through the window you can see the flame go a bit brighter with each click of the igniter. It does this a few times then goes back to normal running - then it does it again, then it stops / shutsdown and the rad light flashes. I then have to reset and it goes through this cycle again.

Earlier in the year I also had the board replaced, diaphram and diverter so surely there cant be that much more to go wrong, however its strange it worked for 24 hrs before breaking again.

Any help greatly appreciated - we have the same plumber coming back tonight but my confidence is beigining to fade.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back