Worcester 280 Combi diverter valve fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a diverter valve (ACL lifestyle) staying in HW position on a Worcester 280 combi. Can I expect this to be just a matter of fitting a new synchron motor or should I be looking for a Worcester spare part?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that is the original manufacturers part?

I have found that trying to replace the motor only on Lifestyle valves is too fiddly to be worth the bother! You can end up with a pile of little plastic bits!

Tony

No I'm not sure if it's the original. I'll check the manual, but thanks for the advice. It looks as if I have to drain the boiler anyway to remove the expansion vessel to access the retaining screw on the diverter valve head!

You can just change the syncron. They hold their water well do these. Just drop the pressure and pull out the two retaining clips and the valve just pull forward.

The new div valve has bee modified in that the screw to take the plastic surround is now on the front meaning you needed mess around with water to change the stncron.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, Harrogategas. That's what I need to know. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back