Worcester 280 no HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new here and I'm looking for a bit of advice.

The CH failed on my Worcester 280 Combi, and I found the problem as being the 3 way diverter valve. Brought a new motor from Wickes (part no. HS02 - £12.00), only to find that a spring had broken inside the body. Fixed the spring, and replaced the motor anyway.

Recommissioned the system and, much to my surprise, the CH worked !

Unfortunately the HW now doesn't work (it did before) !

I've fault found as per the instructions, and it looks like it's the main driver board failure, but I'm not convinced.

Demand light comes on = water flow OK
Pump runs, but the fan doesn't. No 240v at PIN 4 of X2 = replace driver board.

However my logic tells me I've done something whilst replacing diverter valve and recommissioning the system, rather than a new board fault, but what ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Sponsored Links
Just a quick update for reference.

There was a second fault, and it was the main driver board. Got spare at Parts Centre (£140).

Still can't work out how or why I got two faults, but the moral of the story is trust the fault finding diagrams in the manual, not any quesses on your own part.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Dave

the moral of the story is trust the fault finding diagrams in the manual

I'm glad that you managed to fix your boiler without any help from this site and many will appreciate your follow up.
However trusting the last letter of the fault finding diagrams is not the best policy in my view. Some of the problems are symptomatic of other faults.
eg. a PCB an blow but this can be due to a faulty fan or gas valve. With your approach you could replace 2 or 3 PCB's before you find the culprit. With most PCB's costing over £100 this could be quite expensive.

Rather than trust the FFG I would say

Think at least one level above and below the one you are working on in the fault finding guide.
Keep an open mind and expect the unexpected.
Look at the full 'elephant ' and not just part of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back