Worcester 28CDi Automatic air Vent Leak, Sudden & Severe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Worcester 28CDi combi boiler installed in a sealed system. During a power cut the automatic air vent started leaking heavily. I'm guessing the vent is a float in a chamber that seals when filled with water? Can these parts be maintained or must it be replaced?

Could this in any way be linked to the power cut or is that just coincidence?

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Powercut stops the pump midflow, boiler overheats and releases steam through the auto air vent damaging it permanently.

Thanks for your reply but the central heating was off at the time of the power cut. All I can think is that the washing machine was taking on water at the time (it was in use) but as soon as power is cut wouldn't the machine cease its demand for water and the boiler stop heating?

If this is a problem is it possible to fit a fail safe device? It sounds like a bit of a design flaw. I don't want to risk damaging my boiler every time there is a power cut.

You seem to have had a serious pressure problem as the pressure relief valve is rated at 3 bar and should have blown before the automatic air vent which is rated at 10 bar. Perhaps the prv jammed, but neither are servicable and should be replaced because both are prone to leaking after operating. Mine certainly did anyway.

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if your boiler may not have been serviced and have some issues.

If the main heat exchanger is scaled up the heat transfer is reduced and heat will build up on the flame side and continue to transfer after the boiler shuts down.

Its NOT a normal problem which is why I suspect your boiler has issues which are contributory.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back