Worcester 28CDi Combi ignition lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had the heat exchanger out to clean it unfortunately I thought I twisted the off valve to the mains water of the boiler and I hadn't. So it sprayed water all over the boiler for a moment.

I have replaced the exchanger with no leaks, although now I left the boiler to dry for a while and when it fires up it ignites but the light for the FLAME symbol isn't coming on for either hot water or central heating.

Before I call someone out to service it (it needs it anyway) and get him to fix whatever the issue is I just wanted to know if it is something simple.

I was told it may be that the PCB is still wet or water is on a connector making the system lock out. Or Water has gone on the gas valve meaning I need a new valve. Or the third suggestion was that because all valves where shut off you may have an air pocket in the gas valve causing it to cut out.

Sponsored Links
you dont have an air pocket in the gas valve so leave that alone , the same as you should have done with the heat exchanger, call an RGI and tell him you have been messing around with it and dont just ask them to service it , we are not clairvoyant we cant just guess that you have fecked it up

All good, it seems it just got wet - been on for about an hour now with no hiccups.

Sponsored Links
One other question, I note that draining the system was a bit of a strange, previously I would always drain from the little white valve on the right side of the boiler by the pressure relief valve.

However, when I opened this valve on this occasion it merely dripped and didn't empty from this one. I had to drain it from the other side instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back