Worcester 28CDI pressure keep dropping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, please can anyone shed some light on a problem i have with my Worcester 28CDI. The pressure keeps falling to almost nothing and has to be re-filled at least twice a day.

The divereter valve was replaced earlier this year and the boiler was also serviced at the same time, but this issue has started in the last 6or7 weeks.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks, RV

Sponsored Links
Is there any water coming out of the pipework that sticks outside?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

All of the pipework is in my garage, which I've looked hard for leaks and not been able to find any. It used to leak and that was the reason for the Diverter valve been replaced.

Either you have a leak, or the prv is passing would be my first guesses

Sponsored Links
thanks dextrous.

I've not been able to find any leaks so is ther anything i can do about the prv.

could it be possible that when the engineer changed the diverter he has fogot to do something in the process of putting it all back together?

is there anything else i can try?

Also, does anyone know where i can buy a new knob for the turning the water on and off as it keeps turning and i have to doctor it every day so that it works... :mad:

Yep. But you should follow where the pipe goes to make certain that water is coming out of here first

just had a look at the prv and i heard a very slight hissing coming from it, so i turned it and it clicked and the hissing sound has gone. So i'll cross my fingers and look later tonight to see if the pressure has dropped.

Thanks Dextrous for your help

can a thermostat be fitted to this boiler?
If you're talking about a room thermostat then yes, and indeed there should be one anyway, along with a programmer.

See figure 13 on page 12 of the installation pdf.

this twice a day occurance wouldnt happen to be when the boiler heating timer has stoped.basically what is happening when the CH is on. is the pressure gauge needle going to over 3bar.

this twice a day occurance wouldnt happen to be when the boiler heating timer has stoped.basically what is happening when the CH is on. is the pressure gauge needle going to over 3bar.
your thinking being......?

pretty obvious.EV has gone so expels water through prv. not enough though to show low pressure till, water cools down and low pressure is evident.hence when tho OP heard the prv passing. he let enough water out to stop the prv kicking in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back