Worcester 28i - Fan Issue & No HW/CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a 10yr old Worcester 28i combi boiler which is currently not working at all and by the sounds of it its due to the fan.

Issue 1 (The current issue) - As soon as there is power to the boiler without any demand the fan cuts in at high speed immediately after switching power on to it. The boiler will not do anything else even when there is demand for HW or CH - no error lights appear

The fan is loud and sounds like its struggling to turn correctly. You can hear a squeaking & scraping noise as it goes round

Issue 2 - (Before this issue) - when I used HW when the CH was on the boiler would lockout (red light flashing rapidly) almost immediately. I had someone out to look at it who was overly keen to change it out. The CH would run no problem until there was HW demand.

I am going to be calling in another engineer to have a look but would like to at least have a clue what I'm talking about and where the issue may be.

Many Thanks :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Bit of further info if it helps - when i turn the mains back on the boiler i can hear the pressure switch clicking inside the case straight away.

I am going to be calling in another engineer to have a look but would like to at least have a clue what I'm talking about and where the issue may be.

Many Thanks :)

No, you need to find an engineer that has a clue and knows what he is talking about. He will guide you through the issues and what it may be and what it may be likely to cost you in parts (if any).

If you really want to have a clue about something then list the facts of the issues you are having as detailed and as factual as you can as this will help the engineer.

Jon

Sponsored Links
May be better to call for a fixed price Worcester repair?

Tny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back