Worcester 28i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks, I'm new to this site but am hoping there's a few of you who can advise as I've just moved into a new house...

We have a worcester 28i junior combi boiler (that was installed 2yrs ago & works brilliantly) which has a thermostat on board. There is however ALSO a pair of honeywell boxes in the hallway. We're looking at getting the hall plastered as its a bit tatty and I need advice on the boxes.

I realise this may be a bit of a numb, low-brow question BUT... can I remove these honeywell thermostat/frostat boxes as I THINK they're part of the old centralm heating system OR are they still going to be part of the integralm heating circuit?!?

ANY advice from you lot that know what you're on about would be useful
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Sponsored Links
Thats an impossible question to answer over the internet!

If turning them up/down dons nothing to the boiler in CH then they are problably not connected.

BUT before removing them its essential to measure from an EARTH point to every terminal inside the stats.

If you dont know what you are doing then rather than electrocute yourseld its best to call a professional or a more experienced DIYer to do it for you.

Tony

Thanks for the post tony

and yep I don't think i put in enough detail...

the boxes seem to have no current through them (I've tested them with an electricians screwdriver) and in our fusebox there's a circuit labeled 'immersion heater' that is NOT active so I'm guessing the boxes are part of this but wondered, if this is the case, if there was any reason they'd been retained - other than the last owners being a little lazy?!?

Sponsored Links
They are almost certainly part of the heating system.

If you were "testing" with a neon screwdriver then this is not an approved method and cannot be trusted. Maybe the neon does not work?

Sometimes a lazy installer doen not bother to connect them up.

If yo must remove them then I suggest you keep the wiring in case you do the sensible thing and have a room stat conneted later.

Stats are required under the building regs by the way!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back