Worcester 28i - luke warm water at my new shower...help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have a Worcester 28i combi boiler around 5 years old, sited in the kitchen (ground floor).
I generally noticed a deterioration in performance relating to the hot water output from my bathroom (1st floor) bath tap some time ago.
I used to be able to open the tap fully, walk away and come back to a nice hot bath. This changed to having to close the tap to almost a trickle to get hot water.
I had a new flow sensor fitted and also a new temperature cut out fitted and things improved.
The problem is that i now have a new thermostatic mixer shower with a large-ish head and even with the temp on the shower up at the full 38 degrees I can only achieve a luke warm shower at best by adjusting the flow.
I can still get a nice hot bath but cannot fully open the bath tap to get hot water, i have to close it up a fair bit (quarter turn taps).
I am guessing either my gas pressure is low or I have a build up of crap on the heat exchanger.
Advice will be gratefully received.
Cheers
Russ

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back