Shower and taps nice and hot, but bath hot tap luke warm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch R25 combi HE boiler which has been fine for heating my flat, and has been providing hot water to all taps and the shower. However, I tried the bath's hot tap for the first time since I moved in and it is only luke warm.

The interesting thing is if I turn on the kitchen hot tap the boiler shows the water temperature around 68, but if I turn off all taps and turn on the bath's hot tap it hovers around 52.

The shower is nice and hot and looks like it has a higher flow rate than the bath's hot tap, i.e. I don't think the bath's hot tap is flowing too quickly for the boiler to keep up.

Any ideas before I call a professional?

Thanks,
Julius

Sponsored Links
Tried it - no difference. As the shower appears to have a higher flow anyway I don't think it's the tap running too fast for the boiler to keep up.

Sponsored Links
*bump*

Can anyone offer any advice before I call in a plumber? Was hoping it was something easy...

Thx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back