Worcester 28i RSF. What power setting should I use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a Worcester 28i RSF. It works perfectly but I wanted your advice on the temp setting. It has a dial on the front which allows you to set the heat (power?) of the heating. It ranges from off to '4' with 4 being the hottest.

Now from an efficiency point of view what setting should I use?
Typically I always used 1.5-2 on the dial, but a friend of mine mentioned that boilers are most efficient on their max setting which I'd not heard before and I wanted to confirm what setting is generally best.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Yep, as said it's working fine. The dial changes the temp of the water in the radiators from hot to scalding hot.

However which is more efficient, a lower setting or a higher setting?

Sponsored Links
Setting makes little difference for efficiency.
Ignore the advice and opinions of the general public about boilers and central heating; the vast majority of people don't have a clue. If you want to know something, ask the guy that services your boiler, it's his job to know, and he can see your particular installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back