Worcester 28SiII CH problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've think I've got two unrelated problems with my 28SiII

When the boiler has been used for a while, central heating or hot water, it appears to have problems restarting / firing. The pump is running, the fan starts and I can hear the ignition sparking but then it seems as if the gas valve closes, the fan momentarily runs faster, then it tries again, It usually fires but occasionally locks out. (I presume there's a preset number of attempts the boiler will try to fire?)

The second problem seems to be an issue with the potentiometer that controls the central heating temperature. After the heating has been on a while and the gas is still burning, it occasionally starts to click and clunk ( like a relay or valve?) and switch quite quickly between high and low pressure / fan speed. Turning the temperature pot up or down a little stops it.

The boiler was already here when I moved in but I think it's about 5 - 6 years old. It never loses pressure and gives good service when not having a bad day.

Hope someone can offer advice before I call out the experts.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back