Worcester 30cdi - rattle through the pipes near boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my boiler appears to have developed a rattle, which sounds worse in the pipes rather than the boiler.

Any ideas what it might be?

Sponsored Links
Pipes appear ok.

The rattle seems to be in a pipe near the megaflo unit which is under the stairs about 2 metres from the boiler in the utility.

It seems to rattle when the boiler comes on and lasts until the house has heated up.

Just can't work it out? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Have you/anyone done any work recently, touched valves on rads, closed of a bypass?

Have you got TRVs on all rads?

I have had a leak in the bathroom radiator so have switched it off. The rad is getting replaced with a towel radiator this weekend.

Replaced bathroom radiator and appears to have stopped rattling the pipes.

Must have been a pressure differential

Sounds like a thermostatic radiator valve to me. If the noise starts around 30 mins to an hour after the heating has come on it will most likely be that. When it starts making the noise go round and turn the trv's off one by one. The noise will stop when you shut the right one down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back