Worcester 9.24 Electronic Blowing fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: Please help!, I have a Worcester 9.24 electronic combi boiler which has started to blow the 3amp fuse intermittently when the hot tap is turned off. The Heating works fine & The fuse never blows if the heating is on when you turn the hot tap off it only happens when you are using hot water only & only when the tap is turned off, there are no water leaks , any ideas :!:

Sponsored Links
That sounds like a very odd fault if that really is what its doing.

I would suggest a careful inspection of all electrical connects in the vicinity of water carrying parts.

Tony

:cry: Thanks Tony for your help, I have checked for signs of water or water marks around the diverter valve, pump, heating & hot water sensors & pump overrun stat, i have been thinking that maybe a sensor could be starting to breakdown electrically & may change the heating & hot water sensors & the pump overrun stat as a starting place, have you or anybody else got any more thoughts as this is starting to melt my head :mad:

Sensors are low voltage and therefore not relevant.

If it were the pump o/r stat then you would see water.

Might be a fault on a pcb relay.

These boilers are very old now!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony, Have been quoted 75.35pounds for the main board, will look to change that, this boiler is 15years old & has not cost anything in that time apart from two thermocouples, i don't want to throw too much money, will probably have to start thinking about replacing it, once again thanks for the help. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back